You’ll enjoy challenge and reward in equal measure in this key role. Working to ensure the highest level of trust and integrity between Shopify and its employees, you’ll address employment relations concerns effectively, allowing our people to focus on helping our merchants, partners and buyers to succeed. Our environment and culture is one of diversity, engagement and belonging, in order to perform at our best, and the purpose of the ER function is to ensure fair and respectful engagement with our employees to maximise positive employee experience. A bit about us …
At Shopify, we’re merchant and buyer obsessed. Truly. Our merchants are the reason we do what we do every day, and their experience with our platform, as well as the experience of our partners and buyers is central to all we do. About the role …
About you …
- Provide advice, support and guidance to leaders around creating a high-performing environment while balancing a compassionate, human approach to employment issues.
- Oversight of the full ER process including highly sensitive investigations, interviews, analysis, facilitating resolutions, and making recommendations on remedial actions.
- Support the leadership team on a range of issues including change management, disciplinary and performance management and dispute resolution.
- Improve the ER function through the design and refinement of systems, tool and guides to ensure consistent and efficient processes.
- Foster partnerships and collaborative relationships with a range of internal stakeholders as the sole ER contact for NZ - with some work across the APAC region.
What you will receive …
- Demonstrated experience and passion in end-to-end employee and labour relations, from investigation through to resolution.
- A positive attitude and a mindset of continuous learning and improvement, you thrive on change and finding solutions to complex problems.
- Working knowledge of relevant employment legislation and best practice in NZ – understanding or regulatory norms across APAC is a bonus!
- Outstanding communicator with the ability to form effective trusting relationships.
- Able to work autonomously in a fully remote working environment, while using digital resources to ensure you stay connected to the team.
- A progressive team environment, in a culture that will generously support your personal and professional growth and career development.
- All the tools you need for fully remote working.
- Opportunity to innovate and own your role.
- Impressive employee benefits
We’ve partnered with Kin to find the right person for this role. Find out more about our story at www.shopify.com and if you think we are the next step on your journey, please apply now. If you’d like to find out more before applying, please call Stephanie Patterson on 027 2153576.