Storypark creates tools for educators, early childhood education services and families to collaboratively document, share, discuss and strengthen the learning and development of children. It’s a really exciting time for us! We’re well established as market leaders in the early childhood online education space in New Zealand and Australia, and we’re now on a mission of global expansion to deepen the impact our product creates. The Opportunity
For us to fulfil our purpose at a global scale we need to surface new strategic opportunities that will gain traction in new and adjacent markets, strengthen our current business model and nurture existing customers to ensure retention and expansion.
In order to support those goals, we need your design expertise to solve complex and meaningful problems through rapid and lean experimentation, to uncover high growth opportunities.
Working closely with our Head of Product-led Growth, you will seek out and define customer problems that have a higher potential to impact children and their communities. This is a pivotal design role that will see you constantly working at pace, generating hypothesis, testing, validating and prototyping in pursuit of a solid viable product. About you:
What you’ll bring:
- your skills as a designer are broad, you’re analytical and versatile, with experience in product strategy, as well as visual and UX design, data, and user empathy
- you have a deep understanding of how to uncover customer context and motivation and how to turn that into realised impactful design
- you’ll have the ability to contribute at a strategic level, seeing obstacles and constraints as opportunities for innovation and disruption
- with a commercial mindset you consider the business value and bigger picture in your problem solving through design
- you are driven by making an impact, you’re not happy to settle and are driven to ensure every angle of an opportunity has been explored to keep us moving forward
- you deeply understand the delicate balance of pushing design far enough to test and iterate through a customer lens, measuring its impact to enable development or pivoting entirely.
Working at Storypark
- experience as a product, interaction and / or user experience designer that has worked with teams to deliver solutions that meet the needs of users
- you appreciate the big picture and the small details, with thorough attention to detail when thinking about complex problems, systems and software
- a proven ability to simplify complex needs into simple, elegant and accessible designs
- experience and interest in testing, validating and de-risking your designs through interviews and user testing
- a talent in general graphic design practice and typography
- solid UX copywriting that is approachable, simple and effective
- you’re happy and productive prioritizing your own time and work
- you use the right tool for the job, with proficiency in a variety of design and prototype tools such as Figma, Sketch and Invision
- experience and proficiency in front end development is a bonus
- a desire to learn and grow – We value curiosity, collaboration and growth mindsets. Change is guaranteed, and your role will expand and evolve as Storypark does.
We strive to create a respectful, caring, safe and inclusive culture, and welcome people from diverse backgrounds to join us. We also promote remote working so if you are not Wellington based we'd still love to hear from you if you think you have the goods. Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Regular compensation reviews – great work is rewarded
- Fuel yourself with breakfast, lunch, drinks and snacks from our well stocked kitchen
- Flexible holidays
- Macbooks are our standard but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- A relaxed office environment with flexible spaces to work and play
- We believe in building strong relationships across teams with lots of events, shared lunches and celebrations
- We also offer relocation assistance for people joining us from other areas
- We'll push and grow you to learn new skills, collect new experiences, and refine your craft.
We’ve partnered with Kin on this exciting role. Please apply online or send through your cover letter, CV and portfolio to: [email protected]