People Lead - Developers
- Market leading NZ company with a global focus
- Fun, fast paced, high growth tech environment
- Wellington based team lead role
Modica Group is a cloud-based enterprise messaging provider with global clients and partners. We provide secure, high-volume, messaging solutions to help businesses have better two-way conversations.
We have a growth culture; one founded on innovation, nimbleness, and a desire to be the best in every market we play in. As a well-established New Zealand founded company, we’re proud of our strong growth trajectory and current world-wide expansion. About the opportunity
Due to our continued growth and our focus on being the best in the market we have created this new leadership role. The People Lead for the Development team is responsible for providing people leadership and proactive support to our geographically dispersed technical teams of Developers, to drive exceptional employee experience, innovation and high performance. You will work closely with our Developers to ensure the team has everything they need to deliver, operate at peak performance, and enjoy what we do.
You will utilise your outstanding leadership skills as you focus on the professional development of our people as you:
- provide regular 1:1’s and support goal setting & training opportunities for your team.
- assist in identifying knowledge and delivery gaps.
- manage performance assessments, inspire, and help grow the Development team.
- Attract, recruit and retain high performing engineers.
- Assist in championing the principles and practices that make it possible for engineers to do world leading work.
You will find enjoyment in supporting your team to further embed Agile processes and ensure best practice DevOps standards are followed.
You will be:
Your personal attributes
- a people leader with 2+ years’ experience managing teams with an IT environment.
- a self-starter with a passion for coaching, motivating, and managing people in a positive way.
- familiar with Agile processes and techniques, and all aspects of modern software development.
- knowledgeable on continuous delivery processes and principles.
- a great leader, facilitator and presenter.
To succeed in the role, you will have a high EQ, with excellent written, interpersonal and communication skills. You are someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can nurture a fun, rewarding, innovative and outcome driven culture that lives by our Modica values.
A background and understanding of SaaS, PaaS or SMS messaging would be desirable. More about us
We’re proud to have a team of straight-up and honest people. Our people have an opinion, challenge constructively and have each other’s back. They are experts in their fields and hungry to contribute. More about our benefits
We offer a supportive environment as it is important to us that you are happy and healthy. Alongside a competitive salary, we offer benefits that rival those of large corporations. To support you we offer some fantastic perks including health and life insurance, home internet contributions, regular team lunches, fruit twice a week and your birthday off.
If helping to lead a highly successful Development team at DORA ‘elite’ status is something you would be proud to be a part of ‘apply now’ with a cover letter letting us know why you will be a great addition to our team. Applications close as soon as the right candidate applies, but no later than Tuesday 11th May 2021.