Our client needs an experienced administrator to assist their daily operations by looking after their office management needs. They are one of New Zealand's most trusted charitable organisations - a very purpose led organisation held in high regard nationally. They have a supportive and engaged team and operate in a fun but focused environment. About the role:
In this role no two days will be the same. Working 15 hours a week, based over 5 days (but very flexible within those terms), you will play the very important role of making sure that our clients office runs smoothly. With a flair for organisation and a passion for adding value, you will assist those you work with in a supportive and collaborative fashion. You will be responsible for supporting the office from a customer service, facilities management and health and safety perspective.
Key accountabilities include:
- Manage incoming queries and communications from both internal and external stakeholders
- Look after phone system and call management
- Booking and management of travel and accommodation as required
- Function coordination including arranging venue and catering
- Ensuring Health & Safety systems and recording and reporting processes are followed
- Assisting with HR processes and staff on-boarding for new hires
You will be a positive, personable and empathic communicator who can adapt your approach to a wide variety of stakeholders. While being comfortable managing multiple queries and tasks at any one time, you will also proactively manage your daily accountabilities whilst providing excellent support to our wider team. We are looking for somebody that will look for ways to enhance operational efficiencies that further contribute to the desired outcomes for our client.
Key capabilities include:
- Delivering value through a strong customer service ethic
- A solution-focused, decisive and rational approach
- Outstanding attention to detail
- A high level of integrity and total discretion in handling confidential information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understand and respect that Māori are the Tangata whenua of New Zealand and have unique rights under Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Some ability in Te Reo Māori is desirable but not essential.
If you are looking for a role where you can contribute your skills in an environment that needs a practical, hands on, fast paced approach, we’d love to hear from you.
Please apply now with your CV and a cover letter letting us know a bit about you and what you would bring to the role. If you have any questions before applying, please contact [email protected]