The Wellington Company are a major player in the redevelopment of Wellington city's urban environments and historic places. Starting in 1990 with a passion for rejuvenating pre-1960s buildings, we’ve grown to be specialists in commercial property and developments. We aim to think smarter and differently about solving property problems and utilising land and spaces. About the opportunity
This newly created role will be a vital part of our small team and one you can really shape and make your own. You’ll become our master of lease information by owning all lease administration across our 250+ leases and ensuring information is complete, accessible and available to our team. You’ll ensure all data on revenue, costs, rent reviews and renewals are captured so that key dates aren’t missed, and revenue and costs are recovered. As importantly, you’ll enjoy refining systems and processes to ensure the wider property function is running efficiently and effectively.
In addition you’ll be responsible for:
- Working closely with accounts receivable on monthly lease and OPEX invoicing
- Running monthly vacancy reports
- Ensuring our Space for Lease website is up to date and accurately showing all upcoming vacancies
- Supporting the Leasing Manager and wider property team with all lease administration needs and questions.
- Ensuring processes are in place and followed in order to meet all necessary legislative and relevant requirements.
This busy role has lots of variety and will see you collaborating and communicating with stakeholders internally right across the business, and externally with tenants, building owners, suppliers and contractors. There are great development opportunities to grow and extend the role and you’ll be empowered to get involved with other areas of the business that interest you. About you
You have a flair for organisation, incredible eye for detail and love improving systems and processes to ensure things run smoothly. As a collaborative team player, you enjoy pitching in and helping out in other areas of the business. You thrive in busy roles and have resilience to flex and adapt to changing needs and priorities. Ideally, you have a keen interest in the property sector or facilities management and enjoy being part of a high performing team. In addition, you’ll have the following qualities and experience:
- 2+ years in an administrative role
- Strong interpersonal communication, coordination and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage adherence to and efficiency of procedures and processes
- The ability to make sense of, order and cleanse high volumes of data to identify discrepancies and gaps in information.
- Future focussed with strong planning skills to identify opportunities and suggest ideas and solutions
- Experience with property management and other software systems such as Qube, MyBos, OneDrive and WordPress is advantageous, however if you’re IT savvy we can provide training.
- Working knowledge of lease documentation and the property sector is a big advantage, but not essential.
We have partnered with Kin to fill this exciting and interesting new opportunity. Please apply with your CV and a cover letter telling us why you’d be great for this role and a little about yourself. If you have any questions before applying, please email [email protected]