The Pharmacy Guild (the Guild) is a membership organisation that provides support and services to community pharmacies. We are committed to ensuring our members realise their professional and business potential in a very challenging environment. About the role
We are looking for a Communications Advisor to join the Membership and Professional Services team at the Guild in central Wellington. This role is a vital part in our mission to support our members and will be the voice of important health and business related articles and information shared with members, the community pharmacy sector, and media.
Working across various communication platforms you will deliver engaging messages to support the Guild’s goals. Day to day this role will:
- Prepare and coordinate the Guild’s publications including writing, editing and copywriting
- Promote an engaging and positive media profile for the Guild, including responding to media enquiries and writing media releases
- Manage our digital communications channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and our website
- Support new and ongoing projects with communications advice and resources
You will be a highly organised individual with a systematic approach to your work. Your attention to detail will be second to none and while you are happy managing your own work, you won’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it. You will also bring:
- A tertiary qualification in communications or public relations
- Around three years' experience in a communications-related role
- Strong writing skills with an innate ability to write for a variety of audiences
- Sound working knowledge of media, media relationships and how to leverage them
- Proficiency with social media, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- A natural ability to coordinate and juggle multiple things at once
Experience working in a membership organisation and/or sound knowledge of the New Zealand health sector is an advantage (but isn’t essential).
In return, the Guild offers a great working environment, a supportive culture and the opportunity to be an integral part of a small, dedicated and professional team. You will also receive great professional development allowing you to grow and flourish.
We have partnered with Kin to fill this essential role. If this sounds like just the role for you, then apply now with your CV and cover letter telling us why you’d be a great fit. For any queries, please contact Tracey Fletcher on [email protected]
Applications close at 5pm on 22 April 2021.