A bit about us...
Hatch is Kiwi Wealth’s digital investing platform that allows Kiwis to have easy access to US share markets – and soon to be more! Designed for ambitious Kiwis, we offer a fresh new way to invest in creating an investment portfolio that truly reflects you. We are a growth-minded team, keep our investors at the core of everything we do, and we want to keep growing our exceptional team with exceptional people. The role
The Senior Product Designer opportunity is just another step in our growth journey. In this role you’ll create product designs and features to support our roadmap and growing investor base. You’ll be completely comfortable with design principles, and be laser-focused on translating requirements into intuitive experiences helping our investors grow their wealth. Day to day, this vital role will:
- Work collaboratively with our cross-functional team to ensure we have consistency in our product and designs
- Solve design problems from concept to mapping, to tweaking the finer details in the wild
- Be an internal champion for our platform, keeping a customer focus and overall Hatch success central to every decision
- Challenge assumptions and pre-set thinking around solutions and use data and research to inform designs
You’ll have a solid level of experience designing web applications and websites, and in particular transactional applications with a strong focus on helping end-users understand the subject matter, and gain confidence as they use the product. You live and breathe UI and UX and will be naturally motivated towards growing your craft by keeping on top of trends. You love working in a fast-paced environment and will have a collaborative approach to your work. You’ll also have:
- experience in applying design thinking or user-centred design, from research to prototyping and user testing
- experience working in an agile development environment, collaborating and working closely with product owners, developers, business analysts and testers
- a beautifully crafted portfolio of work, demonstrating systematic and creative design thinking
- experience in creating documentation such as user flow diagrams and design specifications
- proven experience working with cross-functional teams
- exceptional communication skills and an ability to get ideas across
- an ability to influence at a senior level and managing stakeholders
- an affinity with investing and a drive to learn more.
You’re humble and curious by nature, and will also bring a resilient, ‘can-do’ attitude and no ego. At Hatch, we are highly collaborative and need a like-minded individual to join us. In return, we offer a fun environment where we celebrate the success of our growth every day. Your success is our success. Seriously!
If you think you have what it takes, then what are you waiting for? We have partnered with Kin to fill this exciting role. If you’re ready to go, apply now with your CV and cover letter telling us why you’d be a great addition to the team. Contact Jo Macdonald on [email protected]
We will be reviewing applications as we go, so if you’re thinking about applying, don’t delay!