Thankyou Payroll is a leading expert on payroll solutions, and purpose driven business in New Zealand. We operate a profit-generating and dividend paying business that also role models holistic thinking and engages with generosity, environmental action, consistent improvement and great customer service.
Our clients love working with us because we provide epic payroll support services and because every time a pay is processed in our system, it creates a positive community impact through our donations to Thankyou Charitable Trust. We're also NZ's only carbon-neutral payroll company. Every Thankyou Payroll client gets an affordable quality payroll service and contributes to a brighter tomorrow!
We’re poised to take Thankyou Payroll on renewed growth trajectory and are looking for a Head of Operations to help us on our journey. About the opportunity
Reporting directly into the CEO, the Head of Operations is the conduit ensuring Thankyou Payroll’s mission, vision and growth are aligned with ensuring our team are empowered to be all that they can be. This executive role is responsible for the seamless transition of all daily operations into the strategic growth plans and has overarching responsibility for People and Culture, IT, Risk & Compliance, Health and Safety, financial administration, and office support. Your key accountabilities will be to:
Our ideal candidate
- With the CEO, bring the company strategy, tone and focus to life
- Ensure the organisation runs consistently, reliably, and economically at all times
- Oversee and optimise all business processes to be as efficient as possible
- Take responsibility for fiscal management including budget, revenue, forecasting and financial planning.
- Manage business risk, compliance, and reporting functions
- Generate focused strategies around account management for key supplier relationships
- Lead our people capability including recruitment, onboarding, retaining and engaging staff
- Be an evangelist for keeping up to date on emerging trends within the business and payroll sector
We’re looking for a candidate who will bring a consistent and reliable manner, is engaging, pragmatic, commercially savvy and experienced in working in an agile environment. In addition to this, you will have a pro-active and pre-emptive style and just as importantly, you’ll care as much about social good as we do. Our ideal candidate will offer:
- Previous experience in operations management or project leadership
- A commercial mind-set and understanding of the financial, legal and strategic requirements of a social enterprise
- Expertise in managing complex, back-office functions and multiple competing demands
- A reputation as an authentic, well rounded, resilient, and dependable manager
- Previous exposure reviewing operational objectives and implementing current technologies and practices to better enhance our framework
- Second to none communication skills on all fronts
- Experience in developing cultural competence and an understanding of te tiriti o Waitangi
If you’re an experienced operational manager looking for a role where you can really make a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
We’ve partnered with Kin to support us in recruiting this key role. If you have any questions before applying please contact Nikkie White, [email protected]
, 0211720929 or simply apply now with your CV and a cover letter telling us a bit about you and what you would bring to the role.