The Ākina Foundation is transforming the New Zealand economy through the power of impact and social enterprise. We are Aotearoa New Zealand’s leading impact developers and impact consultants. The positive impact of enterprises, businesses and government can help address challenges like poverty, inequality, waste management, biodiversity loss and climate change.
We are focussed on changing procurement, for good. The Ākina Social Procurement team runs Fwd -our specialist social procurement programme - that provides strategic support to implement social and sustainable procurement in buying organisations and runs New Zealand’s only social enterprise supplier certification mark.
We work closely with our clients to:
- Deliver meaningful positive impact by leading change in procurement inside their organisations
- Implement social procurement by reviewing opportunities, building capability and working with their supply chain
- Tell the story of impact of social procurement and the positive outcomes achieved
As a member of the social procurement team of Ākina, you will contribute to our growth and company culture by focusing both on scale and revenue generation through optimising relationships with new and existing clients. You will be a proactive relationship manager with a consultative approach and personable style. You will be passionate about imparting knowledge and advice using best practice initiatives and a partnership approach that will enable our clients to achieve their social impact goals. In addition, key accountabilities include:
- Manage and build key stakeholder and partnership relationships
- Implement and deliver market leading programmes including training initiatives and networking sessions and develop case studies, communications material and further resources
- Lead business development to grow buyer and supplier memberships
- Mentor and assist in the development of the Social Procurement Programme Manager
- Consult using a partnership approach and keep abreast of emerging practice in social and sustainable procurement practices
You will have a passion for positive change, business transformation and be able to naturally consult with your partners to induce better outcomes for all those involved. While you do not need to have direct procurement experience, you will understand the process and be quick on the uptake. To be successful in this role, it is essential you bring:
- Strong relationship management skills and/or consulting experience
- A forward thinking, big picture perspective while being detail focused and outcome driven
- The ability to be self-motivated and work both autonomously and in a team environment
- Excellent client management skills and the ability to develop and grow business relationships
- Empathy and collaboration.
- Strong facilitation, presentation, and communication skills
Experience partnering with business leaders from diverse environments and or an understanding of te ao Māori would be advantageous. We are a non-hierarchal environment and are looking for someone who is confident in their abilities, accountable, highly competent, and results oriented. Our team have the shared purpose to serve those who strive to create a sustainable, prosperous, and inclusive world and are committed to our values of being honest, ambitious, determined, ingenious, collaborative, and humble.
If you are looking for the opportunity to align your personal and professional values and are ready to be a key influencer in impacting social change in New Zealand, apply now. Applications close Monday, 8th March 2021 (or as soon as the right candidate applies). – Please apply via SEEK with your cover letter and CV or email [email protected]
for further enquires.