The Ākina Foundation is transforming the New Zealand economy through the power of impact and social enterprise. We are Aotearoa New Zealand’s leading impact developers and impact consultants. The positive impact of enterprises, businesses and government can help address challenges like poverty, inequality, waste management, biodiversity loss and climate change.
We are focussed on changing procurement, for good. The Ākina Social Procurement team runs Fwd, our specialist social procurement programme that provides strategic support to implement social procurement in buying organisations and runs New Zealand’s only social enterprise supplier certification mark. We work closely with our clients to:
- Deliver meaningful positive impact by leading change in procurement inside their organisations
- Implement social procurement by reviewing opportunities, building capability and working with their supply chain
- Tell the story of impact of social procurement and the positive outcomes achieved
As our business continues to grow and the area of social and sustainable procurement becomes more relevant and inspiring for New Zealand businesses, we need a great programme facilitator to come on board and support the day-to-day operations of our procurement programme. You will be responsible for supporting the Director and Senior Advisor in their duties which include business development, relationship management and providing bespoke support to our buyers and social enterprise suppliers. You will be highly engaging and organised and be a driver behind implementing effective and efficient processes which will optimise the timeliness and delivery of our resources to all those we interact with.
- Coordinate training and networking sessions including contributing to the planning and delivery of buyer and supplier programmes
- Manage the supplier certification process
- Be a point of contact for clients; manage and build stakeholder relationships
- Maintain and grow new and existing relationships with buyers and suppliers
- Collate data and analytics for reporting purposes and to identify workflow optimisation
You will have a passion for positive change and have a forward-thinking ability to enhance existing processes and procedures to induce better outcomes for all those involved. While you do not need to have direct procurement experience, you will be a highly organised facilitator and project manager who will understand the importance of relationship management, the drivers behind making a social impact and how this works from a procurement perspective.
To be successful in this role, it is essential you bring:
- A clear, concise and adaptable communication style
- A forward thinking, big picture perspective while being detail focused and outcome driven
- The ability to be self-motivated and work both autonomously and in a team environment
- Strong capabilities in working to deadlines and a professional, personable but resilient approach
- The ability to work with multiple competing demands and prioritise accordingly
- Empathy and collaboration. Strong facilitation, presentation, and communication skills
Experience partnering with business leaders from diverse environments and/ or an understanding of te ao Māori would be advantageous. We are a non-hierarchal environment and are looking for someone who is confident in their abilities, accountable, highly competent, and results oriented. Our team have the shared purpose to serve those who strive to create a sustainable, prosperous, and inclusive world and are committed to our values of being honest, ambitious, determined, ingenious, collaborative, and humble.
If you are looking for the opportunity to align your personal and professional values and are ready to influence social change in New Zealand, apply now. Applications close Monday, 8th March 2021 (or as soon as the right candidate applies). – Please apply via SEEK with your cover letter and CV or email [email protected]
for further enquires.