We are Wellington UniVentures - Victoria University of Wellington’s commercialisation office. As part of the university, Wellington UniVentures aims to be the acknowledged leader in successfully taking Wellington’s knowledge to the world. We are deeply connected to the University’s research, converting it into valuable outcomes and capabilities that sustainably grow our region and change lives. We’re proud that this is an exciting place to work and we are looking someone who has the vitality and attitude to join us on our journey. The opportunity
Are you a roving reporter? Do you enjoy seeking out and creating content that showcases an organisation’s amazing journeys? This is a new role for Wellington UniVentures and we are looking for a compelling storyteller who can share our stories with many different audiences.
In this 12 month fixed term contract, you’ll be involved across the whole communications and PR process including creating relevant, informative and interesting content for a variety of channels and mediums, management of the content plan, using your exceptional writing, editing and communication skills and leading the sign off process for content.
You will create stories that show-case our exciting inventions, interpreting sometimes complex concepts into real-world impact, that can be understood across various audiences. Why you’ll love it here
In return for your experience, Wellington UniVentures can offer you fantastic benefits such as access to a wide variety of workshops for you to continue to learn and develop, subsidised onsite gym membership, free fantastic health and wellbeing events, and extra annual leave days, subsidised healthcare and truly flexible working arrangements. About you – you’ll have:
Our perfect person will have some or all of the education, experience and knowledge listed below:
- Undergraduate qualification in Communications, PR, Media/Journalism or Marketing.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a communications or marketing role, preferably with experience in writing or PR. A knowledge of the tertiary ecosystem would be an advantage.
- Experience presenting complex information
- Demonstrated ability to maintain effective relationships with stakeholders. Ability to communicate at all levels. Great interpersonal skills and confident working with our leadership team.
- Sound knowledge of communication and engagement tools, techniques and channels.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology to work effectively and efficiently e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, Mailchimp, Xakia, etc.
- Good judgement and experience working with national media. Bringing an existing media network is an advantage.
If the above sounds like you and more, click the “apply now” button now! Or email [email protected]
for more information