About the role
The Registrant Services Administrator role is pivotal to managing enquiries and administration for the registration of nurses. You will be providing administrative coordination and assistance to the Customer Services team primarily, but you can also become familiar with functions and processes across the organisation.
With this in mind, you will enjoy working in a fast-paced role where your tasks can (and will) change on a daily basis. Some of the day-to-day tasks include:
Skills & experience
- Providing frontline response to all queries (telephone, email and visits) coming into the Council
- Escalating any complex issues and cases when needed
- Undertaking administrative tasks associated with the registrant process
- Working with the Team Leader Customer Services to ensure that processes are as efficient and effective as possible
- Processing the annual practising certificates (APCs) and providing advice to nurses on the process
- Maintaining the accuracy of the Nursing Council database
We are looking for someone who brings:
- A high level of customer services experience with a natural empathy for others
- Outstanding people and communication skills
- A good level of technical proficiency and the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Excellent attention to detail
- Can-do attitude with flexibility to help the other members of the team when required
- A willingness to learn new things
You will ideally have an understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and te reo or a drive and passion to learn more. About us
The Nursing Council of New Zealand is the independent regulator for nurses in New Zealand, with better and safer care for people at its heart.
We have an important mission and working for the Nursing Council is an exciting opportunity for you to use and grow your skills, while working with a team that has a true purpose and take pride in the work they do.
We are values driven and hold these close to our hearts. Our values are: Whakahoatanga tikanga rua
– we honour our bi-cultural partnership by being culturally competent at the Nursing Council Mahi ngātahi ā mana
- we work collaboratively and with integrity by respecting each other and the nursing profession Whai haepapa, whai tika
- we are an accountable, effective and efficient Nursing Council Arataki, ako, whakapai ake
- we lead, learn and improve at all levels of the Nursing Council Wairua tōkeke hauora
- we set standards, codes of practice including cultural safety expectations that contribute to improved health equity for Māori
If this role sounds like you then we’d love to hear from you! Send us your CV and a cover letter telling us what makes you right for this role. We will be reviewing CVs as we go so apply today!