Wellington UniVentures is looking for a superstar, providing top notch management of the office and executive assistant support for our senior management team. As a critical team member and a key part of the operations team, this role will ensure that our senior management team are well supported and the office is kept humming along smoothly. THE ROLE
Involved across the whole business, this role is varied and fast paced. You will be the key contact for staff and stakeholders and the key liaison point for a range of office and systems support requests.
Your ability to build highly effective functional relationships with all levels of stakeholder will complement the support you provide to other operations teams, the Board, the training of new staff in systems and encourage you to be a key influencer in the unique culture at Wellington UniVentures.
Executive assistance will include duties such as secretary to the Board, diary and email management, the creation of complex documents and presentations and supporting and coordinating events alongside the engagement and marketing team.
In addition, overseeing the use of technology for internal and external meetings, the management of office IT systems and involvement in business policy and process will help drive a high level of internal and external customer service. YOUR EXPERIENCE
Our perfect candidate will have the following attributes/experience:
- Five+ years of previous and proven experience in an EA or PA role, supporting C-Suite executives.
- Be highly organised and professional with meticulous attention to detail and superior levels of personal integrity.
- Be a motivated self-starter, who wants a job they can be passionate about and loves to share their enthusiasm.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain effective relationships with stakeholders, both managerially and externally.
- Be able to demonstrate initiative, anticipate the needs of your internal customers and proactively act on them.
- Demonstrate the ability to use technology to work effectively and efficiently e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Be able to pick up new systems quickly.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with minute taking at a Board level is advantageous
We are Wellington UniVentures - Victoria University of Wellington’s commercialisation office.
As part of the university, Wellington UniVentures aims to be the acknowledged leader in successfully taking Wellington’s knowledge to the world. We are deeply connected to the University’s research, converting it into valuable outcomes and capabilities that sustainably grow our region and change lives. We’re proud that this is an exciting place to work and we are looking someone who has the vitality and attitude to join us on our journey.
In return for your experience, Wellington UniVentures can offer you fantastic benefits such as access to a wide variety of workshops for you to continue to learn and develop, subsidised onsite gym membership, free fantastic health and wellbeing events, and extra annual leave days. If this role sounds like you and you’re interested in joining a small, collaborative and busy team, please apply now with a cover letter and your CV – we’d love to hear from you right away!