A bit about us...
At Baseline, we don‘t believe in barriers! We believe there are few business problems that can’t be solved by good design and thinking. As a fully integrated design, structural design and production studio, we are proudly New Zealand owned and operated, have a smart head for strategy and a keen eye for design.
We work with a wide range of small and large enterprises across NZ and further afield, we’re passionate about all things relating to discovery, design, production, and delivery capabilities. We make waves by remaining relevant, demanding, and providing thought-provoking and bold innovation that leaves an impression. All of this is done by working with our clients in a consultative, and considerate style that is transparent in its authenticity. We’re looking to bring people on board with a complimentary approach. A bit about the role...
We are looking for a Head of Finance who is passionate about numbers and is looking to collaborate with our small but effective team to drive growth from both a strategic and operational perspective. As this is a stand-alone role you won’t be shy about rolling your sleeves up; it is critical that you have a sound understanding of end-to-end financial management.
In addition to this we’re looking for someone who will:
A bit about you...
- Assist the Leadership team to set their budgets and make the best decisions
- Take ownership of financial planning and analysis
- Prepare financial modelling
- Assist Client Service Managers and the Production Manager on project costings and supplier negotiations
- Prepare and finalize all End of Month and End of Year accounts for the external accountants
- Manage daily cash flows, invoicing, bank reconciliations, statements, and payroll
- Maintain all invoicing and purchasing
- Control and file all company tax information
With this position being a member of the leadership team, we are looking for somebody to get involved in shaping our business by proactively looking for ways to add value, and help the business understand the story behind the numbers. As a natural communicator, you will be able to support all of those you work with in an engaging and outcome orientated manner.
You’ll also be comfortable challenging the status-quo and proactively looking for ways to add value to help the business in its growth strategy. While a CA or CPA qualification would be desirable it is not essential.
Additional key capabilities include:
- Proven experience in a Head of Finance or Finance Manager role
- Being comfortable working autonomously and in a team
- An ability to assess the financial impact of new initiatives
- A highly organised and deadline driven approach to your work
- Well-developed problem solving and decision-making capabilities
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to pick up new systems and technical concepts quickly
With growth in our vision and innovation in our hearts, this is an exciting time for Baseline. If you believe you have the desired skills and experience with an agile and pro-active approach come and join us!
We have partnered with Kin to fill this newly created role, please contact Nikkie White on [email protected]
with any questions. We are reviewing applications as we go, so apply now!