A bit about us...
Hatch is Kiwi Wealth’s digital investing platform that allows Kiwis to have easy access to US share markets – and soon to be more! Designed for ambitious Kiwis, we offer a fresh new way to invest in creating an investment portfolio that truly reflects you. We are a growth-minded team, keep our investors at the core of everything we do, and we want to keep growing our exceptional team with exceptional people. The role
The Senior Product Designer is a brand new position and the next step in our growth journey. This role will create product designs and features to support our roadmap and growing investor base. You’ll be one of a few behavioural scientists on our team, and be laser-focused on translating requirements into intuitive experiences helping our investors grow their wealth. Day to day, this vital role will:
- work collaboratively with our cross-functional team to ensure we have consistency in our product and designs
- solve design problems from concept to mapping, to tweaking the finer details in the wild
- be an internal champion for our platform, keeping a customer focus and overall Hatch success central to every decision
- challenge assumptions and pre-set thinking around solutions and use data and research to inform designs.
You’ll have senior level, extensive experience designing web applications and websites, and in particular transactional applications with a strong focus on helping end-users understand the subject matter, and gain confidence as they use the product. You live and breathe UI and UX and will be naturally motivated towards growing your craft by keeping on top of trends. You love working in a fast-paced environment and will have a collaborative approach to your work. You’ll also have:
- design experience including product management, user-centred design, and research and testing
- a strong work portfolio, demonstrating systematic and creative design thinking
- experience in creating documentation such as user flow diagrams and design specifications
- proven experience working with cross-functional teams
- exceptional communication skills and an ability to get ideas across
- an ability influence at a senior level
- an affinity with investing and a drive to learn more.
You are humble and curious by nature, and will also bring a resilient,‘can-do’ attitude. At Hatch, we are highly collaborative and need a like-minded individual to join us. In return, we offer a fun environment where we celebrate success.
If you think you have what it takes, then what are you waiting for? We have partnered with Kin to fill this exciting role. If you are ready to go, apply now with your CV and cover letter telling us why you’d be a great addition to the team. Or, if you have some questions, please contact [email protected]
We are reviewing applications as we go, so apply now and don’t be left behind!