Volunteer Wellington are at the heart of community conscious voluntary initiatives throughout the greater Wellington region, aiming to facilitate organisations and their employees to make a difference through voluntary actions.
With a flexible, efficient and professional means of mobilising employees to make a difference in the community, Volunteer Wellington have been responsible for positively contributing to social wellbeing, cultural identity and the environment through the hundreds of community projects that have been completed throughout the past decade.
For this part time, permanent role we are looking for an organised, experienced and enthusiastic coordinator to provide administration, planning, communications and high-level customer service. As well as having a positive, can do attitude, you’ll have the ability to developing processes and programmes that further align with Volunteer Wellingtons current voluntary initiatives. About the role:
Employee Volunteering Coordinator position is primarily focussed on brokering volunteering opportunities for organisations who give their employees a day of paid leave for this activity. It generally involves team volunteering activities.
Reporting into the Regional Manager, this role based in Te Aro, Wellington, will also have ongoing support from the wider Employee Volunteer group including the Volunteer Wellington Board, management team and employees based in the Lower Hutt and Porirua areas.
Key accountabilities include:
- Brokering employee volunteering opportunities between stakeholders
- Working to understand and communicate the impacts and benefits of the programme to both existing and potential participants
- Manage ongoing communications with Employee Volunteering Partners (EVPs) through various forms of media, invitations and relationship reviews
- Organisation of the annual promotional event and other events as required
- Develop and promote the Employee Volunteering programme with existing EVPs and potential business and public sector organisations
- Maintain up to date reporting
- Financial administration including estimates, invoicing and payment of fees and subscriptions
- Regular newsletter and communication with stakeholders as well as promoting the programme widely
- Build and maintain relationships with Volunteer Wellington Community Member Organisations (CMOs)
- An ability to frame up large volunteering projects with CMOs
- Juggling multiple projects at once
As a dynamic, personable and adaptable professional, you’ll hit the ground running with your natural flair for organisation and proactive approach to your work. You will also have strong relationship building skills and an ability to engage with a wide variety of stakeholders. In addition to this we are looking for someone who brings:
- An understanding of not for profit, private and public sector organisations
- An understanding of current and trending practices in Corporate Social Responsibility
- Comfortable presenting pitches including large groups in order to motivate enthusiasm for the Employee Volunteering programme
- Previous experience in a marketing and communications or training and development role.
- An ability to look at the bigger picture and the strategic environment while maintaining responsibility for day to day activities
- A solution-focused, decisive yet rational approach
- An agile, people centric nature
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office. Mailchimp, video, photographic and editing skills with a natural ability to learn new systems
- Strong organisational capabilities that can prioritise competing demands
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
If you are looking for a varied, part time role and are keen to be part of an organisation uniting workplaces throughout all sectors in the Wellington Region through voluntary action, we’d love to hear from you. We have a team of hardworking and passionate people who take a great deal of pride in the work that they do. Will you join us on our journey?
We have partnered with Kin to fill this key position. Please apply now with your CV and a cover letter letting us know a bit about you what you would bring to the role. If you have any questions before applying, please contact [email protected]
We are reviewing applications as we go, with a close off date no later than Monday 8th of February.