Advance Electrical Wholesalers is 100% locally owned and operated. Our primary focus is the supply of goods and services to the electrical trade. We have six branches in the Lower North Island. Manawatu, Kapiti, Lower Hutt, Upper Hutt, Wellington and Porirua.
We are known for providing high quality professional customer service; our strength is having great employees who love what they do!
We are looking for a Branch Operations Manager to join our Cuba Street, Wellington team and lead the way on our next stage of growth. About the role
The Branch Operations Manager oversees the engine-room of our largest branch in Cuba Street, Wellington. We’re looking for a strong people leader with experience selecting, developing and growing a high performing team. Day to day this role is responsible for:
- Overseeing branch internal operations
- Leading and developing a team of 6-8 branch employees
- Building strong, trusted relationships with our customers and suppliers
- Optimising our systems and processes so they are as efficient as possible
- Working closely with our sales team to effortlessly deliver great service
- Liaising with our Head Office team about invoicing, payroll etc - involvement in positive company process changes
- Taking ownership of our inventory and stock control.
You’ll be someone with a natural affinity for people and process. Advance prides itself on fostering a culture of inclusion and belonging, whether it’s with our people, our suppliers or our customers. We are looking for someone with:
- A natural talent for streamlining and optimising systems
- Experience and a love for first rate customer service
- An affinity with tech and systems
- Commercial smarts and experience owning performance outcomes
- Exceptional communication skills on all fronts
Your background could include trade retail, distribution, or you may have direct experience with the electrical wholesaling industry. We’re most focused on hiring someone who has what it takes to lead our team and branch on a journey of optimisation and growth.
We've partnered with Kin to help us fill this important role. If you think you could be the person we are looking for, please apply now with your CV and a cover letter telling us a bit about you and what you’re looking for in your next role. Applications close 24 January.