The Cancer Society’s mission is to improve community wellbeing by reducing the incidence and impact of cancer. We’re an intrinsic part of New Zealanders lives, helping to prevent cancer and supporting those affected by cancer and their whãnau.
We are looking for an experienced, organised and efficient Executive Assistant to provide high level support to the National Office CEO and Board. You’ll have a well-rounded track record of assisting, empowering and creating processes and procedures that optimise time management and efficiencies across all areas of work. You will also bring a positive, can do attitude where no task is to big or small.
In this newly created role, you’ll hit the ground running as a dynamic, adaptable and well-organised professional who has a clear and concise communication style. About the role:
Reporting into the CEO, this role based at National Office in Wellington CBD, will also have extensive engagement with the Cancer Society National Board, National Executive Committee, National Office staff and Divisional Managers.
Key accountabilities include:
- Executive support for the CEO including: supporting with emails and other communications, diary management, travel arrangements and meeting planning
- Event management for the Board Meetings
- Coordination of Board meetings including papers, agenda, and action point follow-up
- Building and maintaining relationships with Society members
With a natural flair for organisation and a proactive approach to your work, you will also have strong relationship building skills and an ability to engage with a wide variety of stakeholders. In addition to this we are looking for someone who brings:
- Previous experience in executive support or coordination roles
- A solution-focused, decisive yet rational approach
- An agile, people centric nature
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office with a natural ability to learn new systems
- A high level of integrity and management of confidential information
- Strong organisational capabilities that can prioritise competing demands
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Pride in playing your part in Cancer Society’s continuous journey to improve health and well-being outcomes for New Zealanders
If you are looking for a fast-paced, varied role and are keen to be part of an organisation making a difference to the well-being of New Zealanders, we’d love to hear from you. We have a team of hardworking and passionate people who take a great deal of pride in the work that they do. Will you join us on our mission?
We have partnered with Kin to fill this key position. Please apply now with your CV and a cover letter letting us know a bit about you what you would bring to the role. If you have any questions before applying, please contact [email protected]
We are reviewing applications as we go, with a close off date no later than Friday 22nd of January.