Te Kaunihera Tapuhi o Aotearoa (The Nursing Council of New Zealand) is a well-respected organisation, both nationally and internationally. The Council is responsible for the regulation of nurses with the primary focus of protecting the public by ensuring that nurses are competent and fit to practise.
The team are passionate, committed and take pride in the work they do. We enjoy coming to work every day because we get to work with great people and make a difference with the work we do.
We are values driven and hold these close to our hearts. Our values are: Whakahoatanga tikanga rua
– we honour our bi-cultural partnership by being culturally competent at the Nursing Council Mahi ngātahi ā mana
- we work collaboratively and with integrity by respecting each other and the nursing profession Whai haepapa, whai tika
- we are an accountable, effective and efficient Nursing Council Arataki, ako, whakapai ake
- we lead, learn and improve at all levels of the Nursing Council Wairua tōkeke hauora
- we set standards, codes of practice including cultural safety expectations that contribute to improved health equity for Māori About the role
This role is key to our team and will play a vital role in ensuring the smooth running of our accounts processes. Reporting to the Senior Accountant and supporting the wider team, this part time role will be responsible for:
- Accounts payable – checking and coding, managing payment to suppliers
- Accounts receivable – prepare invoices, monitor payments and report on these
- Maintaining accurate records and files
- Providing backup to the wider team when required
You will be a self-starter who is able to work independently within our busy team. Along with this you will also have:
- around 3yrs experience in a similar role
- an eye for detail and a high level of accuracy
- a natural affinity with numbers
- a strong understanding and experience with the MS Office Suite
- ideally be proficient in MS Dynamics NAV/Business Central, or a similar financial system
We are flexible on how you complete the 30 hours per week, but ideally we’d love to have someone across 5 working days. We have great benefits including health insurance, additional leave days, and a work from home day once a week.
If this sounds like you then apply now with your CV and cover letter telling us why you’d be a great addition to our team! We have partnered with Kin to fill this vital role, so for more information, please contact Tracey on [email protected]
We will be reviewing CVs as we go so apply now!