Since 1906, Plunket has worked closely with New Zealand families, whānau, and communities to improve the health and wellbeing of babies. Today, our organisation sees over 85% of all newborn babies in Aotearoa and we know that what happens in the first 1000 days of a child’s life makes a difference that lasts a lifetime.
Our communities are changing and evolving, and the mix of cultures, family structures and child care are changing too. In response, Whānau Āwhina Plunket is striving to be a cohesive and responsive national organisation, with the needs of New Zealand families and whānau at the very centre of everything we do. We have been there for New Zealand whānau and families for over a century, and we are committed to becoming an organisation that can continue to play a part in supporting whānau and families for another 100 years.
We know we need to be better at working with iwi providers and whānau Māori to ensure all of our services meet their needs and that whānau across Aotearoa feel heard, valued and respected. We’re committed to that journey - and we’re looking for someone with strong affinity to our goals and future direction, to join us on that journey. About the role
We’re looking for an exceptional Executive Assistant to support Whānau Āwhina Plunket’s CEO and Board Chair. You’ll lead a small team to deliver first-class support to the wider leadership team and administration functions so that the CEO and executive team can do what they do best.
Based in our office in Wellington’s CBD, you’ll build and foster close, trusted relationships with key government agencies, Ministers, Iwi organisations, DHBs, the Plunket Foundation and other key stakeholders and supporters. You’ll be known for your discretion, cool head, and professionalism – underpinned by an authentic and thoroughly human approach.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Providing superior executive support to the CEO including proactive diary and email management
- Looking for efficiencies in current processes and implementing new processes where needed
- Building strong and appropriate relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, operating as an extension of the CEO
- Leading and guiding the support team, including looking for opportunities for the team to develop and learn
- Strategic forward planning to prioritise the CEO’s workload based on Whānau Āwhina Plunket’s focus and vision
- Assist with operational projects including making sound recommendations and providing advice to the executive leadership team
We’re looking for someone special to fill this role. You’ll have significant experience supporting executive level leaders and it goes without saying that your communications skills will be second to none. Your background will include:
- Demonstrated experience in providing administrative support to executives, Boards, or Committees
- Expertise in information technology – you know your way around the tech and tools that underpin Whānau Āwhina Plunket’s productivity
- An innate understanding of time management and prioritising
- An eye for detail – this needs to be a superpower
- Experience with improving and optimising systems and process
- The confidence and mana to build, maintain, and influence relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience leading, mentoring and coaching direct reports
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other modern software, systems and collaboration tools
- An understanding and appreciation of Te Tiriti o Waitangi (ability in te reo is a plus!)
Whānau Āwhina Plunket is a supportive workplace with excellent team culture and a rewarding vision. We’d love to hear from you if you are aligned with our purpose and have the skills and experience we’re looking for. We’ve partnered with Kin to fill this important role; please apply with your CV and a cover letter, letting us know a bit about you and what you would bring to the role. Applications close as soon as we find the right person, but no later than 5pm on 26 October.