Storypark are a purpose led, values based organisation. Everything they do is child-centric with the vision of helping every child fulfil their own unique potential. As a SaaS organisation that is constantly evolving, they're in need of a senior Ruby on Rails Developer to lead and navigate some complex challenges as they grow.
Why people love it here:
As well as having the chance to make a difference to the lives of millions of children, parents and teachers you’ll find:
What you’ll be doing:
- a great team who are fun, caring and share good values
- a competitive salary
- regular compensation reviews – great work is rewarded!
- a truly family-friendly workplace including paid parental leave, flexible working hours
- break times actively encouraged - table tennis, board games and office rock climbing wall
- lots of shared lunches and snacks to get you over the 3pm hump
- whatever equipment you need to help you get your job done
- relocation assistance for people joining us from other areas.
Our product development squads are a tight group of engineers with the following responsibilities;
- writing and reviewing application code
- size stories and tasks
- delivery and quality standard of releases
- commitment to self improvement
- lift capability of engineers in squad with feedback and coaching
- raise and discuss any blockers with tech lead.
We have a rotating tech lead role to run a squad that’s shared between seniors and intermediates which adds the following responsibilities:
What you’ll bring:
- understanding scope and collaborating with design and product management
- size, prioritise, and distribute work within a stream
- ensure delivery and quality standards of their squad’s releases
- exemplify a high standard of development
- ensuring that Testing/Design/Platform are aware of cards which need specialised attention.
- you consider yourself a senior working with Ruby on Rails or an equivalent MVC framework
- a good understanding with modern front-end development (We use Vue.js, but react, angular, or similar experience is great too)
- a strong commitment to quality
- interest in exploring modern tools and frameworks to help us deliver faster and smarter
- solid knowledge of testing principles
- willingness to learn across the board
- a values alignment of impact, community and nurturing potential.
If you want to play an instrumental part in developing awesome products that really make a difference then click on the 'apply now' button right away or contact [email protected]
for more information.