HazardCo are a tech company on a rapid journey of growth. Founded by two tradies back in 2007 with an idea to streamline and simplify the health and safety process for the residential construction market. Their well-designed H&S system is now used on thousands of building sites across New Zealand and now also in Australia, with the overarching mission of getting everyone home safe after tools down.
We’ve worked extremely hard to ensure we’re the leader in the New Zealand market in this area which has positioned us well to expand internationally, and we have a growing footprint in Australia with plans to keep pushing out the HazardCo Way! The opportunity
We’re looking for a Finance Manager. Reporting to the Head of Finance and Operations, this role will have loads of variety, fun and flexibility. You’ll take ownership of the finance function, managing a team of three you’ll be an inspiring, nurturing and motivating leader, who can keep the team humming. You’ll lead by example and enjoy being hands on operationally.
Your CA qualification will ensure you’re a whizz with the numbers and with a growth mindset you’ll enjoy forecasting to continue our success month on month, year on year.
You’ll be someone that is motivated by new technology and how it can enhance the way we work, identifying opportunities to streamline, optimise and automate. You’ll be excited by the different tech we use and investigate new tools to drive continuous improvement. Day to day you’ll be:
We’re looking for someone who has:
- ensuring operational effectiveness and driving operational efficiency
- ensure all financial and accounting activity meets best practice statutory obligations
- support the Head of Finance and CEO on all major transactions
- provide management reporting, using analytics and metrics to track performance
- manage annual budgeting processes, financial forecasts and oversee preparation of all financial reporting
- liaise with all third party vendors.
Why you’ll love it here!
- a positive can-do attitude and natural problem-solving abilities
- a CA or relevant tertiary qualification
- a solid 5 year’s experience in finance and readiness for the next step into management
- an eagerness to learn and keep building on your skill base to improve yourself and the business
- a passion for technology and how it can be used to improve efficiencies
- a data driven approach with strong reporting and analytical skills.
HazardCo has a diverse team who love working there. They look after their people as well as their community. Their offices are based on the beautiful Pauatahanui Inlet, what better way to spend your lunch break than by getting a good dose of sea air! And the benefits don’t stop there either, at HazardCo you’ll enjoy:
- Free carparking
- Flexible working
- Flu prevention
- Stand up-sit/down desks
- The recruitment referral programme
- Discounts off the HazardCo App and N3 affiliates such as Caltex, Officemax, Noel Leeming, Torpedo7
- Involvement in the community e.g. Habitat for Humanity
- a pooch friendly office
If this sounds like you and more, and you’re the 'apply now' kind of person, jump in and click the button. Applications close on Friday 16 October.