Storypark creates tools for educators, early childhood education services and families to collaboratively document, share, discuss and strengthen the learning and development of children. We’re well established in New Zealand and Australia, and working to grow our reach and impact in existing and new markets.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the Storypark whānau, who shares a passion for our purpose and the power of design to solve meaningful and complex problems. What you’ll do
You’ll work closely with our team, customers and expert advisors to build a deep understanding and empathy for teachers working with young children and their families. You’ll be embedded in and collaborating closely with a product team, developing strong partnerships with product managers, engineers, UX researchers, and designers to deliver valuable, loveable tools and experiences for our customers. This is a pivotal role that will contribute to and lead across a wide range of work:
What you’ll bring
- Help to discover, validate and define customer problems within the existing product and outside of the current product
- Ideate, prototype, test and iterate on solutions with our team and customers
- Design elegant experiences and interfaces for our core suite of products
- Develop and maintain a design system for our web application, iOS and Android apps
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to find solutions that are feasible, pragmatic and impactful
- Communicate design intent and vision both internally and externally, share compelling stories to clarify the ‘why’ behind your designs
- Contribute to evolving our practices and processes as a product team – we value an open culture of feedback and continuous improvement
- Contribute to product strategy and roadmap decisions
- Occasionally support other teams by crafting brand, sales and marketing materials
- This role reports to the Head of Product, and is closely supported by Product Managers, Designers and a UX Researcher.
Working at Storypark
- Experience as a product, interaction and / or user experience designer that has worked with teams to deliver solutions that meet the needs of users
- You appreciate the big picture and the small details, with thorough attention to detail when thinking about complex problems, systems and software
- A proven ability to simplify complex needs into simple, elegant and accessible designs
- Experience and interest in testing and validating your designs through interviews and user testing
- A talent in general graphic design practice and typography
- Solid UX copywriting that is approachable, simple and effective
- You’re happy and productive prioritising your own time and work
- You use the right tool for the job, with proficiency in a variety of design and prototype tools such as Figma, Sketch and Invision
- Experience and proficiency in front end development is a bonus
- A desire to learn and grow – We value curiosity, collaboration and growth mindsets. Change is guaranteed, and your role will expand and evolve as Storypark does.
We strive to create a respectful, caring, safe and inclusive culture, and welcome people from diverse backgrounds to join us.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Regular compensation reviews – great work is rewarded
- Fuel yourself with breakfast, lunch, drinks and snacks from our well stocked kitchen
- Flexible holidays
- Macbooks are our standard but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- A relaxed office environment with flexible spaces to work and play
- We believe in building strong relationships across teams with lots of events, shared lunches and celebrations
- We also offer relocation assistance for people joining us from other areas
- We'll push and grow you to learn new skills, collect new experiences, and refine your craft.
To apply, click the 'apply now' button with your CV, portfolio and cover letter telling us why you're the one we've been waiting for, or for further information email [email protected]