The Village Goldsmith is more than just a jewellery store. We're a dedicated team of award-winning professionals and we pride ourselves on design, innovation, quality and exceptional customer service. Our Wellington store serves as our design and innovation hub for New Zealand, and offshore we have incredible international design and manufacturing projects on the go with some of the world’s biggest diamond and jewellery companies. We think that’s pretty exciting!
Our team care about the world around us and as we’ve grown, we've built strong ethical supply chains with companies whose values align with ours. Closer to home we support many local charities, giving back to those in the community who need it most. Within the Village Goldsmith team, we support our employees to be all that they can be, developing our people in areas they are interested in. As we continue to grow, so will the opportunities! The opportunity:
We’re looking for a talented jewellery consultant to join our team. In this role you’ll work closely with our customers, supporting them to select a beautiful piece of jewellery from our existing range or designing and crafting a bespoke piece of jewellery. You’ll be the first person our customers engage with, instore or online so your customer service skills will be exceptional; we want all our customers to feel welcomed, understood and loved. For customers looking to design a piece of their very own, you'll help interpret their dreams into ideas and initial design concepts and from there introduce them to our talented jewellers who will craft their exquisite piece of bespoke jewellery. About you:
You’re a problem solver, and being a naturally curious person, you know just the right questions to ask. We want our customers to leave our store feeling delighted, inspired and cared for every step of the way. We are looking for someone with:
- a creative bent that supports our customers to visualise their piece through initial design sketches
- a warm and engaging communication style that captures the essence of our customers’ dreams
- an energetic and motivated personality
- experience with digital tools such as project workflow software, social media and modern virtual communication platforms
- the ability to think on your feet
- a passion for learning about the jewellery industry so our customers feel well informed about their jewellery choices
- a team player attitude, no task is too small for you.
If you think you're that rare gem that we've been searching for, please "apply now" with your CV and cover letter explaining in 100 words or less – “if you were a piece of jewellery, what would you be and why?” or contact [email protected]
for more information.
Please note this is a 40 hour a week position with the requirement to work Saturdays.