Client First is a key value of Harbour Asset Management and this role ensures that a client’s experience is fantastic right from the start. Harbour Asset Management is a wholly-NZ owned investment management firm, which has enjoyed consistent and ongoing growth for over 10 years. Contributing to this success is Harbour Asset Management’s commitment to their core values, and as well as the client first approach, includes responsible investing practices and an inclusive and collaborative culture. With offices in Auckland and Wellington, they have created a cohesive team of experts who hold themselves to high standards and achieve great client outcomes.
This is an intermediate to senior position within the Clients & Communications team, where professionalism and organisation are critical to success. You will be supporting a busy team of Investment professionals in Wellington, and liaising with your counterpart in Auckland. This position requires someone to work “core business hours” each day with the opportunity to discuss doing so through part time hours or flexible working. As a key member of the Clients and Communications team, you will help new clients open their accounts and existing clients with ad hoc requests for information. You will also facilitate meetings with clients and business partners and ensure the team is well prepared for these. Managing multiple priorities at any one time, and working within a small team, you must be prepared to go the extra mile, and turn your hand to tasks as they arise. Key Responsibilities include:
- Responding to enquiries from potential clients
- Helping new clients open accounts with Harbour Asset Management
- Dealing with clients via phone, email, and occasionally face to face
- Collation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports for clients
- Assisting in scheduling appointments and planning client engagement activities
- Anticipating and collating the best collateral for client meetings
- Supporting the wider team with ad hoc projects
The key requirement of this role is a client first mentality. You will be someone who loves providing clients with a proactive and tailored experience and have the strong administration skills needed to do so. You will be a great listener and make sure to understand the needs of a client to ensure they feel heard and are efficiently and warmly supported. You must enjoy working with a diverse group of individuals and adapting how you engage with them to best suit their needs. In addition we are looking for:
- A can-do attitude where no task is too small
- Proven ability to apply professional maturity and judgement
- Demonstrable experience in client and/or sales administration
- Basic knowledge of financial products (preferred not essential)
- Experience liaising with investors (desirable)
- Experience of compliance regulations including AML (desirable)
- Excellent systems knowledge, including CRMs and Office 365 suite
- Strong communication including verbal and written.
- Excellent attention to detail
Harbour is well-known for its supportive and friendly culture, and this is a great opportunity to join and contribute to a highly successful team We would love to hear from you if feel this role is a fit for your skills and experience. Please apply with a cover letter and your CV by 25th September 2020.