A bit about us...
CRS Software Ltd is the leading provider of farm management software in New Zealand. We are a 100% kiwi owned agribusiness company with over 30 years’ experience in the development of software for the rural sector. With more than 10,000 farmers and businesses throughout New Zealand and Australia using our software, our role is to help them to measure and manage their business performance and make better decisions for their future.
The recent release of our next generation solution Cash Manager Focus almost completes our evolution to a fully cloud based SaaS business. But there is still plenty to do and we would love you to come and join us on the journey!
We are looking for a Product Education Specialist who will work closely with our customers to train and educate them on our products. In this role, you will have a real impact on farming businesses, their families and the farming industry. If that sounds like you, read on! The role
Based in our Masterton office, this role reports to the Head of Growth and Customer Experience and is responsible for educating internal and external stakeholders on our Cash Manager product. You will create training content and material and deliver this through a variety of channels. Day to day this role will:
- Create Cash Manager help centre content with specific audiences in mind
- Create, deliver and maintain training material across all relevant customer touch points (video, web, FAQ guides etc.)
- Review and analyse customer feedback with a view to improve education and training
- Update current content and create new content for product releases and changes
- Report on trends and champion our brand
- Liaise with the wider CRS team to improve services, products and customer experience
You will ideally have an understanding of, or experience with, agricultural or farming finances; perhaps you have run your own farm and managed your own books. For this role you will need to have a natural ability to build rapport with people and be able to communicate clearly through written communications and video.
You will also have:
- A tertiary-level qualification
- Strong technical skills with an ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
- A natural way with people and an ability to build strong working relationships
- An analytical approach and natural tendency towards problem solving
- A background in farming or agriculture would be an advantage.
This varied role is a fantastic opportunity to work closely with our stakeholders and wider customer base to improve their experience of our products.
If you think you have what it takes, then what are you waiting for? We have partnered with Kin to fill this exciting role. If you are ready to go, apply now with your CV and cover letter telling us why you’d be a great addition to the team. Or, if you have some questions, please contact Tracey Fletcher on [email protected]
We are reviewing applications as we go, so apply now!