Client First is a key value of Harbour Asset Management and this role ensures that a client’s experience is fantastic right from the start. Harbour Asset Management is a wholly-NZ owned investment management company, which has enjoyed consistent and ongoing growth for over 10 years. Contributing to this success is Harbour Asset Management’s commitment to their core values, and as well as the client first approach, includes responsible investing practices and an inclusive and collaborative culture. With offices in Auckland and Wellington, they have created a cohesive team of experts who hold themselves to high standards and achieve great client outcomes.
With the retention of almost their entire team from inception, it is rare for a vacancy to arise at Harbour Asset Management which is not growth related. With a long-standing team member moving on, the Client Services Associate position in Wellington has become available. With another Client Service Associate based in Auckland, you will be supporting a busy team of Investment professionals in Wellington. This position requires someone to work “core business hours” each day with the opportunity to discuss doing so through part time hours or flexible working. As a key member of the Clients and Communications team, you will help new clients open their accounts and existing clients with ad hoc requests for information. You will also facilitate meetings with clients and business partners and ensure the team is well prepared for these. Managing multiple priorities at any one time, you thrive in a busy role and excel at occasionally “herding cats”.
Key Responsibilities include
- Responding to enquiries from potential clients
- Helping new clients open accounts with Harbour Asset Management
- Dealing with clients via phone, email, and occasionally face to face
- Assisting in scheduling appointments and planning client engagement activities
- Anticipating and collating the best collateral for client needs
- Supporting the wider team with ad hoc projects
The key requirement of this role is a client first mentality. You will be someone who loves providing clients with a proactive and tailored experience and have the strong administration skills needed to do so. You will be a great listener and make sure to understand the needs of a client to ensure they feel heard and are efficiently and warmly supported. You must enjoy working with a diverse group of individuals and adapting how you engage with them to best suit their needs.
Your previous experience will have seen you a play a key support role in a team. Whilst this role does not require you to provide financial advice, experience gained from within a financial service provider is essential. Any experience in liaising with investors will be highly regarded. In addition, we are looking for the following:
- A positive and friendly approach to life and client engagements
- A can-do attitude where no task is too small
- Proven ability to apply professional maturity and judgement
- Demonstrable experience in client and/or sales administration
- Basic knowledge of financial products
- Experience liaising with investors (desirable)
- Excellent systems knowledge, including CRMs and Office 365 suite
- Strong communication including verbal and written.
- Excellent attention to detail
If you feel this role is a fit for your skills and experience, please apply with a cover letter and CV. We have a revised close-off date for applications of 31 July 2020.