We are Wellington UniVentures - Victoria University of Wellington’s commercialisation office. As part of the university, Wellington UniVentures aims to be the acknowledged leader in successfully taking Wellington’s knowledge to the world. We are deeply connected to the University’s research, converting it into valuable outcomes and capabilities that sustainably grow our region and change lives. We’re proud that this is an exciting place to work and we are looking someone who has the vitality and attitude to join us on our journey. The opportunity
You will be involved across the whole IP commercialisation process, specifically pharmaceutical sciences and play a part in educating and inspiring academics, researchers and students in regard to the personal and professional benefits of commercialising innovation. You’ll maintain excellent working relationships with Victoria University of Wellington faculty and academics to promote engagement, develop invention disclosure opportunities and increase commercial acumen as well as negotiating commercialisation deals with the Wellington UniVentures IP Pipeline, including licensing, commercial contracts and start up investments.
You’ll be participating in and getting the best out of national, regional and local commercialisation initiatives within pharmaceutical sciences, utilising networks such as KiwiNet, Return on Science, MRCF and the technology incubators amongst others. Why you’ll love it here
In return for your experience, Wellington UniVentures can offer you fantastic benefits such as access to a wide variety of workshops for you to continue to learn and develop, subsidised onsite gym membership, free fantastic health and wellbeing events, and extra annual leave days, subsidised healthcare and truly flexible working arrangements. About you – you’ll have:
Our perfect person will have some or all of the education, experience and knowledge listed below
- Graduate qualification in a relevant area of study (for example: law, business, science, technology).
- Industry experience in biotechnology or pharmaceuticals, preferably related to pre-clinical or clinical development of assets and/or pharmaceutical or medical device/diagnostic regulatory processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage consultants and contractors.
- Proven experience in business development and contract negotiation.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex technologies and interpret their application in a commercial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain effective relationships with stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Experience in the development of business models for early stage business.
- Demonstrated experience in a role that requires well developed negotiation skills.
- Experience in a sales/marketing is desirable.
- Experience managing or working with structured project documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology to work effectively and efficiently e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
If the above sounds like you and more and you're in the market for an exciting contract opportunity (contract runs through to April 2021), apply now by sending a cover letter and CV. Interviews will be held throughout should the right candidates apply, so please don’t wait, click ‘apply now’ today, or contact [email protected]
for more information.