We are Wellington UniVentures - Victoria University of Wellington’s commercialisation office. As part of the university, Wellington UniVentures aims to be the acknowledged leader in successfully taking Wellington’s knowledge to the world. We are deeply connected to the University’s research, converting it into valuable outcomes and capabilities that sustainably grow our region and change lives. We’re proud that this is an exciting place to work and we are looking someone who has the vitality and attitude to join us on our journey. The opportunity
Provide administrative support for the vital intellectual property, contracts management and portfolio operation within Wellington UniVentures, ensuring the efficient and smooth management of systems and processes. Your main duties include:
IP System management:
- management of the Foundation IP docketing system;
- assisting with deadline management;
- creating, managing and updating electronic files;
- assisting with the deadline management of the invention disclosure process.
- assisting with invoicing to various subsidiaries.
Contracts and Portfolio Administration:
- administration of parts of our contracts management process
- management of contract deadlines and entering of details into Foundation IP;
- reporting of deadlines and key information;
- providing required information to the University to meet their requirements for tracking contracts and to meet their requirements under the Public Records Act.
General IP Administration:
Why you’ll love it here
- document preparation;
- arrangement of formalities;
- generating reports and preparing schedules for key stakeholders.
In return for your specialist experience, Wellington UniVentures can offer you fantastic benefits such as access to a wide variety of workshops for you to continue to learn and develop, subsidised onsite gym membership, free fantastic health and wellbeing events, and extra annual leave days, subsidised healthcare and truly flexible working arrangements. About you – you’ll have:
- 2 years legal experience in IP, preferably patents (experience in trademarks or designs also an advantage)
- an understanding of contracts and commercial arrangements
- exceptional time management and organisational skills and the ability to work to tight timeframes and busy workloads
- the ability to build strong working relationships
- the ability to pick up new skills at pace and be a quick learner
- initiative and can apply this confidently
- exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- a flexible, energetic and positive outlook with a can-do mindset
If the above sounds like you and more, apply now by sending a cover letter and CV. Interviews will be held throughout should the right candidates apply, so please don’t wait, click ‘apply now’ today or contact [email protected]
for more information.