The Malaghan Institute of Medical Research is New Zealand’s leading independent health research organisation, with around 100 staff dedicated to finding cures for diseases using the body’s own immune system. The opportunity:
The mission of our Development Team is to raise awareness of and provide financial support for the goals and objectives of the Institute, and to develop the interface with private and public sources of philanthropy. Our Development Team establishes and implements a wide range of development policies and procedures for individual donors, grant providers, corporates, contributing members, support groups, affiliates and others (Friends, Trustees, Staff and Alumni). About you:
To thrive in this role, you will be a natural communicator, able to build and maintain an effective network of relationships with our donors, potential funders and advocates. You will apply your strategic mindset while working with our Head of Development, to build and implement achievable individual giving plans. Attention to detail is crucial, to ensure accurate recording and reporting of your administrative tasks.
An understanding of the Not for Profit sector is essential, as is a proficiency within the Microsoft Office suite.
Our Community Engagement Advisor will at times need to travel within New Zealand. Applicants must have a valid NZ driver’s license to be considered for the position. What you’ll be doing:
Why you’ll love working here:
- implementing plans to increase individual giving income through all streams: direct mail appeals, fundraising events, and regular giving
- identifying opportunities to build and grow genuine relationships with active and potential donors
- attending fundraising events as required, including some evening, weekend work and overnight stays within New Zealand
- working with the Head of Development to develop and implement the individual giving acquisition, retention and development plan, identify opportunities for growth, and develop an achievable annual work plan of activity
- recording and reporting on data using fundraising database (IMIS)
- you’ll be supporting and engaging in life-saving projects
- we have a supportive team culture
- you’ll like to travel locally
- we work within a unique research environment with highly driven scientists and support staff
- our location at Victoria University offers a great supply of cafes and other amenities
- you’ll have access to a range of services from Victoria University’s Research library
If you have the personality and passion for fundraising, apply now by sending a cover letter and CV. Interviews will be held throughout should the right candidates apply, so please don’t wait, click apply now today! Or contact [email protected]
for more information.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.