A bit about us
The Redvespa team believe in making change happen, through unleashing the potential that is within people, organisations, and communities. It’s what gets us out of bed every day, and why we exist.
We care about our people, sustainability and our community. We are B Corp certified, which means we have made a commitment to put our team, the environment and our social purpose at the forefront of all our decisions.
With offices in Christchurch, Wellington, and Auckland, we have a rich 17-year history of supporting Kiwi businesses through change in a way that is pragmatic, innovative, and human. About the role
Our Christchurch office is growing, and we are looking for someone special to join us on our mission to delight our clients and make Redvespa simply irresistible for our consultants. This newly created role is pivotal to the continued success and growth of our team. You will have the opportunity to utilise your range of skills and use heaps of initiative as you make this role your own.
- Provide administrative support to our team of busy Consultants and Client Relationship Managers
- Responsible for keeping the office well stocked, ensuring our team have all the resources they need to keep providing awesome service to our clients
- Part of a national Finance and Admin Squad, you will work collaboratively with the team to provide support where it’s needed
- Providing a positive and professional experience to our clients and team
- 20-25 hours a week, worked over 5 days
You will be natural communicator and organiser, who is capable of keeping many balls in the air – and yet knows when to reach for help before one of them drops. If this sounds like you, we’d love to know more.
What’s in it for you
- Strong experience in office administration, including working knowledge of the Google Suite of products
- While you’re part of a national team, you may spend a lot of time alone in the office, so will need to enjoy this as much as you do when the office is a hive of activity
- You love to delight and support people, providing positive energy and a can-do attitude
- You will embrace change and feel comfortable with some ambiguity – we are in growth mode, so we’d love you to bring your ideas and join us on the journey
As a people-centric business, we look after our people through:
- A dedicated learning and development budget
- Individualised career development plans
- Flexible working hours
- A birthday day off!
We’ve partnered with Kin to find someone special for this role and applications close as soon as we find the right person. If you’d like to find out more before applying please call Stephanie Patterson on 027 2153576 or apply now with your CV and a cover letter telling us a bit about you, and what interests you about our role.