Why people love it here!
As well as having the chance to make a difference to the lives of millions of children, parents and teachers you’ll find:
- a great team who are fun, caring and share good values
- a competitive salary plus opportunity
- regular compensation reviews – great work is rewarded!
- a truly family-friendly workplace including paid parental leave, flexible working hours and open vacation policy
- break times actively encouraged - table tennis, board games and office rock climbing wall
- lots of shared lunches and snacks to get you over the 3pm hump (for Wellington staff once office re-opens)
- whatever equipment you need to help you get your job done
- relocation assistance for people joining us from other areas.
Storypark are a purpose led, values based organisation. Everything they do is child-centric with the vision of helping every child fulfil their own unique potential. As a SaaS organisation that is constantly evolving, they need a razor sharp Ruby on Rails Developer to navigate some complex challenges as they grow. What you’ll be doing
What you’ll bring
- writing and reviewing application code, focused on building a product to support teacher capability building
- working with Product teams to define new features
- documenting the systems you help build
- coordinating with engineering leadership to define and prioritize engineering projects
- working with support to triage and debug technical support requests
- assisting in ongoing infrastructure monitoring and improvements
- reviewing and commenting on other developer’s code.
- a solid intermediate level of experience working with Ruby on Rails or an equivalent MVC framework
- a good understanding with modern front-end development (We use Vue.js, but react, angular, or similar experience is great too)
- a strong commitment to quality
- solid knowledge of testing principles
- willingness to learn across the board
- fit our values of impact, community and nurturing potential
You may be a front end developer looking to move into full stack so if that’s you we’d love to talk to you too!
If you want to play an instrumental part in developing awesome products that really make a difference then click on the apply now button right away or contact [email protected]
for more information.