COMET Auckland – Te Hononga Akoranga is an advocate for education outcomes and takes a cross-sector leadership role to achieve these outcomes. As an independent charitable trust and Auckland Council CCO, COMET are able to offer their team a stable and resilient environment in which to work. Their projects range from early oral language to participatory science in schools, youth employability skills, data snapshots and advocacy for te reo Māori and languages. They make a difference in our communities each and every day and will be a key voice in educational outcomes for youth in the coming months. COMET works within Auckland’s super-diverse community and recognizes the importance of tikanga being interwoven in their organisation’s practices and how they deliver education to our youth, our tamariki and rangitahi.
We will be interviewing for this role online during the current Level 4 Covid-19 situation. Interviews will still take place.
COMET are looking for a Financial Accountant to join their team. As a small organisation, this role covers the majority of accounting processes, from payroll to contract management. You will efficiently and effectively administer financial support and contracts support services and some other administrative processes such as HR. Working closely with the Finance Director, and as part of a small and supportive business team, you will enjoy a great team environment to work in.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Support financial systems including monthly reporting, PAYE and other key accounting tasks
• Provide contracts support to ensure that supplier and partner contracts are well managed.
• Support HR processes such as payroll, leave management and Kiwisaver.
You will be a great team player, who loves contributing to an organization that helps others. Having a solid foundation in accounting practices gained over the last three or more years, you’ll have no challenge in picking up new accounting systems.
· Knowledge and experience in financial administration
· Tertiary qualification in accountancy or related discipline
· The desire to work towards a CA qualification would be an advantage
· Proficiency in MYOB and Excel
· Experience in payroll and filing PAYE and GST returns
· Quick learner and confident in learning new software
· Excellent communication and listening skills and the ability to relate to people from different cultures and backgrounds
· Planning and organisational skills
· Time management skills
We’d love to hear from you if feel this role is a fit for your skills and experience. Please apply with a cover letter and your CV by 8th April 2020.
COMETAuckland is an equal opportunity employer. We have flexible working practices and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under Te Tiriti o Waitangi and to our multicultural community.
- Permanent / Full Time