Malatest International are a team of evaluators based in Wellington and Auckland. We lead exciting and impactful research and evaluation projects for clients in government and the private, academic and non-government sectors in Aotearoa. We help organisations understand and improve their work by looking at whether they are making a difference for individuals, whānau and communities.
We describe the core of our company as heart and mind - the combination of our analytical work and our commitment to make a difference. About the role:
We have an opening in our team for a senior research and evaluation analyst with skills in analysis of quantitative and qualitative data.
This senior role will have a focus on quantitative aspects of our research and evaluation work, though there will be opportunities to lead other aspects of evaluation as well. We need someone with strong skills and experience in statistics and data analysis applied to research and evaluation projects. We expect you to be able to approach preparing and analysing data from a range of sources as well as having the ability and expertise to identify and write-up the key findings and reach robust conclusions about the impacts on programme participants.
You’ll manage and lead your projects with ease, and relish in supporting the development of junior staff and nurture deep and rich relationships with our clients. Our ideal person will:
- have a tertiary qualification in a relevant field
- have excellent quantitative skills including statistical analysis and be able to use them to draw meaning from numbers
- have thorough experience working with data from a range of sources
- demonstrate an ability to apply a research and evaluation mindset
- have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- add to our team capability, capacity and culture and demonstrate strong leadership
- have exceptional organisational ability
- have proficiency in Word and Excel and ideally SPSS
- take ownership of their work and champion continuous improvement
- understand diversity across Aotearoa and work well with all people, especially Māori and Pacific communities.
Finding the right person to fit with our team is really important to us, we value diversity, we’re a close and supportive bunch. If you feel you have the right background and experience to excel in this role I’d love to hear from you. Please contact [email protected]
for more information or apply now with your cover letter and CV.
You can learn more about us from our website www.malatest-intl.com.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. A police check is a requirement.