Join a creative, professional team be part of a passionate organisation committed to female leadership and making a difference through education. Make your mark by leading the delivery of a dynamic communications programme.
Queen Margaret College (QMC) is a high achieving independent girls' school in Wellington, providing world class education for girls from Year 1-13. Established in 1919, the college strives to remain visionary in the education of young women from New Zealand and around the world. QMC pride themselves on empowering students to live, learn and lead in a holistic environment.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Marketing and Communications team as a Communications Advisor. In this pivotal role you contribute to the success of the team and the College by enhancing the reputation of the College and engaging and informing our QMC community by delivering a dynamic programme of communications. Your key responsibilities and day to day activities will include:
We are looking for someone who:
- Keeping the QMC community informed via the QMC Newsletter, QMC App, Direct Mail
- Providing project and editorial leadership of our flagship publication QM Calling
- Contributing to digital communications and driving our social media strategy
- Championing a content, story-driven approach to communication
- Being a proactive and collaborative team member – ready to work together to find effective, creative solutions to delivering our marketing and communications
- Has demonstrated communications experience
- Has exceptional verbal, written and communication skills with an engaging and open style
- Creative and curious with an eye for a good story or angle
- Thinks one step ahead, highly organised, with an eye for detail
- Has a tertiary qualification in a relevant degree
- Strong relationship management skills
- Has technical experience in the following systems and platforms: WordPress, Mail Chimp, InDesign, Adobe
Experience in the education, creative or services sector, as well as experience with photography and videography will give you an added advantage.
If you are interested in an opportunity that plays a pivotal role in developing passionate learners, resilient women and future leaders, then we want to hear from you. Please apply with your cover letter and CV or contact [email protected]
for more information.